OHOA Module: The Sensory System, the Brain, and Learning
- Understand the importance of each of the seven senses.
- Understand the brain-senses connection and its impact on learning.
- Understand some general strategies for supporting a student's learning.
- Understand basic information about all seven senses.
- Know how to identify additional resources to learn more.
- Kathee Scoggin (Lead)
- Karen Christianson
- Holly Cooper
- Kimberly Lauger
- Melanie Knapp
- Deanna Peterson
Use of this Module
This module is available for free on our website. We invite anyone to use these materials. Please note that NCDB does not provide CEUs, certificates, or confirmation of completion.
Scoggin, K., Christianson, K., Cooper, H., Lauger, K., Knapp, M., Peterson, D. (2014, September, rev.). The sensory system, the brain, and learning. In National Center on Deaf-Blindness, Open Hands, Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules. Monmouth, OR: National Center on Deaf-Blindness, The Research Institute at Western Oregon University.